Sunday, May 29, 2011

it's becoming real...

Good evening friends!

Jeremy, myself, and Caleb on the back of the moving truck with my life aka everything in my apt. :)


Although I have to be up in 3.5 hours -- yes 3 AM for you Eastern Standard Time folks -- I decided to write a little something before I hit the sheets. Thankfully Big R (aka my dad for those of you that don't know me or didn't know that I call him that) is driving because I don't know that I could tomorrow. I'm yawning already just thinking about sitting for 9 hours, but DRIVING it sounds painful. I suppose come late July this will be my reality; just when I thought 4 hours to Pittsburgh was bad.



My apartment is empty and everything I own is in a storage unit or my parents' house OR a suitcase/laptop case/garment bag/large purse thing. Packing for 6 weeks is not an easy task, mind you, but I have managed to take less bags than previously thought. How's that for being a girl? :)


People keep ask how I'm feeling. Right now? Absolutely exhausted. How will I feel on Tuesday? Excited to spend the day at the beach before the next 5.5 crazy weeks of my life ensue. Wednesday? Excited to meet new people. Sunday? Nervous for everything that will commence on Monday. After that? Probably a mixture of anxiety, home sickness, and sleep withdrawal. I'm excited to start a brand new chapter of my life, but it scares the heck outta me all at the same time. Yes, I do believe I'm fully capable of making this large change, and yes, once I know what grade and where I'm living/teaching I will be more content, but it is starting to hit me that every one in my support network will be 9 hours away -- minus Porsha who is making the 9 hour trek with me. (Stay tuned for that blog when I write about her on kitty drugs so that she won't meow for 9 hours.) It seems daunting -- and not that I won't make friends because hey, I've already made facebook friends with some of my SC Corp Members, but it'll still be different. Not a bad different, just different.

It's probably time to drift into sweet oblivion (for 3.5 hours at least). I leave you with these words:

drinking old cheap bottles of wine saying things we haven't for a while, a while yeah; we're smiling but we're close to tears; even after all these years; we just now got the feeling that we're meeting for the first time; oh these times are hard; yeah they're making us crazy; don't give up on me baby
-For the First Time by The Script

Best,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment